Reasonably priced Yeti alternatives?

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
I have a Rtic and a Ozark Trail like both of them and serve me well, I will agree with the above and the drain plug is big on the ozark

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
If you take cost, size and weight into consideration the 52qt Rtic Ultra-Light is the best vale on the market. It weighs 21lbs and compared to the 45qt Rtic cooler that weighs in at 29lbs, it really is light for size. And the best part is that the cooler cost $180 and has free shipping from Rtic.

<>< Fish

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
everyone slams yeti but they want one as good as them :unsure:
People want a rotomolded cooler but don’t know enough about plastics manufacturing to ask that. I don’t know if Yeti was the first but they were the first to brand them and mass market them successfully…hence the ubiquity.

If I were spending my money I’d look hard at the Costco Orca brand.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I wonder who holds the patent on roto molded coolers? Perhaps Yeti gets a fee on all the knockoffs.
They were a knock off but locked down the patents best I can remember, then fired if the marketing when they had their competition shut down after locking up loose patent ends that Icey Tek left open..... all hear say from an Icey Tek dealer before yeti was ever a thing and IT disappeared

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
if a person is in and out of them often such as a “beer cooler” or “drink cooler”, the yetis and alike are not going to do much more than a cheaper cooler.
And added from a college friend....certainly not myself. A case box with 12-15 beer and the rest ice will hold you over for a whole tailgate. Done that a time or so....I’ve heard.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I won a yeti 25, then the next year won a 65. They both do what they advertise. When I left my last previous employer, they gave me the soft sided yeti I think maybe an 18. Not the bag looking one, the square cooler looking one. I love that thing. My wife loves it as well. It’s been awesome with the baby if we need to keep milk or go out of town.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I wonder who holds the patent on roto molded coolers? Perhaps Yeti gets a fee on all the knockoffs.
No one. Yeti has a bunch of design patents and a few utility patents but not the whole cooler. Not sure if anyone ever had a UT patent given both coolers and rotomolding have been around so long.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
My other half has a thing for coolers. We have owned a LOT of them, but not a Yeti, they just cost too much. We like the Rtics. We have a smaller one that is 7 years old and has been abused. It is a soft side, zipper top. It floats. It has tubed rivers etc. just bobbing along side our tubes. It is not too heavy in the wagon for music festivals. It is our go to, though I find the zipper aggravating. It has bounced out of the Jeep, out of the boat, down the stairs etc and is still going strong. For a hard side cooler we like the Ozark Trail or Lifetime coolers from WalMart. We use them on camping trips when we won't be opening the cooler a lot. I am not a fan of the Igloos because the lids eventually seem to fail.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
If you take cost, size and weight into consideration the 52qt Rtic Ultra-Light is the best vale on the market. It weighs 21lbs and compared to the 45qt Rtic cooler that weighs in at 29lbs, it really is light for size. And the best part is that the cooler cost $180 and has free shipping from Rtic.

<>< Fish
Interesting. They make the same claims as the roto mold coolers so why not go with something lighter?

thandy

Ten Pointer

<>< Fish
This caught my attention so I looked them up. The dry weight on this cooler is 21lbs... the weight on the Rtic 65 is 35lbs and the Yeti 65 is 29lbs.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
he weight on the Rtic 65 is 35lbs and the Yeti 65 is 29lbs.

weight weight weight,,,, I mean wait wait wait,,, you mean the yeti is LIGHTER than the same size RTIC????

there goes that propaganda,,,,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor

That's not a bad price. Lord, don't let Tracy see it. Our cooler collection will grow! I already have a "cooler section" under the house.

flathead977

Ten Pointer

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
this dude has some knockoffs

this dude has some knockoffs

they all say liters. That one will hold 80 liters of cola.