Stock market

Mallard Cutter

Six Pointer
I’m on the sidelines right now. Sometimes it’s not about making money it’s about hanging on to what ya got. I’ll make a move but I’m content to sit tight right now. Good luck to you fellers. I hope ya make a ton of money ,

gobblr addict

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have been hoping it'd do better....My retirement depends on making some decent money on stocks....Have made enough so far last two years to stay retired. gobblr addict

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We chatted about this today. My thoughts are that we will see a large drop. I am not an expert by any means, but cannot see it climbing any more with what we have going on in this country..I can only see major losses for the vast majority of us.
I actually believe that is what the powers to be truly wish to see...

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A pull back like we are experiencing was predicted and expected during the 4th quarter of a young bull market. Given the recent dip, the markets are still on track to do very well for the year. I agree that it may not soar like we have seen within the last year and a half but all economic indicators are pointing to more gains over the next 24 months. However, one should always mention there is always the unknown and profits are not guaranteed in the markets. If the ups and downs of the markets arnt for you talk to your investment managers and get in something with a fixed but gaurented return. Through both Republican and Democrat presidetns, pandemics, wars and normal business cycles the American economy have proved to be very sturdy over the long haul.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
If people keep saying a Market Crash is coming they will eventually be right.....lol

exactly,,,, then they talk how smart they were to stay out,,,

I just keep my eye on this FACT of the market,,,

lifetime chart

lifetime.png

last 20 years,,,

last 20 years.png

last 10 years,,,

last 10 years.png

last 5 years,,,

last 5 years.png

yes, when it tubes it sucks,,, but patience wins every time

one day it may fail totally and never come back,,, but expect I'll have bigger things to worry on then where that "money" went,,,,

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Market is and will be crazy for awhile now. I just try to ride the ride. Actually for me I've had the best three weeks that I can remember ever having. I got three "fun" stocks that are absolutely killing it the month of September.

Fatkid

Eight Pointer
I just keep my eye on this FACT of the market,,,

lifetime chart

View attachment 74509

last 20 years,,,

View attachment 74511

last 10 years,,,

View attachment 74512

last 5 years,,,

View attachment 74513

yes, when it tubes it sucks,,, but patience wins every time

one day it may fail totally and never come back,,, but expect I'll have bigger things to worry on then where that "money" went,,,,
You started at $2000 and only made $32000 in 100 years?

No wonder you haven’t retired yet!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It will go to zero. Our sun will turn into a red giant and engulf all of the inner planets.