Hurricanes

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Makes up for the missing F1 Race. I get to watch the Indy 500, Coke 600, and the Canes game all in the same day! My inner child self is all enthusiastic and woke me up @ 4:30 today!

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
They certainly out hustle us tonight. The road just got extremely tough.

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
Two tuff losses for sure. I’ve been to all the home playoff games thus far, and this game was by far the quietest.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
With the next two games in Tampa, the Hurricanes will be hard pressed to play in Raleigh again this season.

Jim

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Petr to start. Roddy's trying to shake them outta their funk with limited options. Past time for the big boys to earn their pay.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
they either have to stay out of the box or adjust to the adjustments that Tampa made after the first game... that PP last night made them look silly.. even at the end of the game and in OT, it was pure luck that kept a couple of those chances out.

I'll take it.. that was a must have.. next one is just as important.. coming home 2-2 would be the kind of miracle cup runs are built on.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Do or die time tonight. Now that the mask mandate is lifted in the arena, I will be there to see my first live game in at least 18 months.. Hoping they take care of business tonight and give themselves a shot at a game 6.. win your shift has to be the mentality, that and I hope Ned is back in the pipes.. I know why they switched.. it worked for a game and that made the decision easy for game 5.. that did not work so well, 4 against Tampa has to win.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Backs are up against a wall. It's time to bring everything you have, cause if you don't your season will be over. Brind'amour seems to have that mentality based on his interviews. Hope he has the team fired up for this one.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Roddy will have them fired up for sure!! Goalie is up in the air but he'd be crazy not to start Ned. All of our injured guys are planning to play tonight, they know it's now or never.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
They may win tonight but they are toast..... I don't see them winning 3 games in a row against the boltz. They have played to undisciplined in the playoffs. Lots of stupid penalties and the kill hasn't been there. We got to many key guys hurt. Heck I'd love to see em get through..... id love a Bruins match up of course that will create a problem at my house 😉 heck after last night's performance I'm not sure my Bruins will get through to the next round.
Well hopefully we'll see a good game. I also would add I hate the crazy start times. Just pick one and stick with it.....

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I also would add I hate the crazy start times. Just pick one and stick with it.....
Agree.. the girl child does not get off work until 6.. she is going to be sliding in on two wheels to try and make faceoff.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
They may win tonight but they are toast..... I don't see them winning 3 games in a row against the boltz. They have played to undisciplined in the playoffs. Lots of stupid penalties and the kill hasn't been there. We got to many key guys hurt. Heck I'd love to see em get through..... id love a Bruins match up of course that will create a problem at my house 😉 heck after last night's performance I'm not sure my Bruins will get through to the next round.
Well hopefully we'll see a good game. I also would add I hate the crazy start times. Just pick one and stick with it.....
is the atmosphere for hockey at a Bruin's home game as wild as it appears on TV?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
is the atmosphere for hockey at a Bruin's home game as wild as it appears on TV?
Absolutely..... I was at game 6 the last time they won the cup. They won game 6 to force a game 7 in Vancouver. I thought the Boston Garden was crazy but nothing to the sports bar I tried to get into in Copley Sq ( years later became famous as the location of the Boston Marathon bombing) I showed up two hours before puck drop and the fire Marshall had already shut down letting anyone else in. I went back to my hotel room and watched the game there. With 10 minutes left I went and joined the crowd standing outside the bar. When the game finished we spilled out into the streets and the partying began. What a night. It was a great few days....

The Canes have an equal enthusiastic fan base and it's a totally different but as fun. I was in the PNC arena for Game 7 when the Canes won the cup. That night we started a new NHL tradition that is for the fans to stand for the entire game..... we never sat down that game .....puck was in play we were up screaming. That had never been done before and since then it is what has become expected of fan basis during a game 7.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Absolutely..... I was at game 6 the last time they won the cup. They won game 6 to force a game 7 in Vancouver. I thought the Boston Garden was crazy but nothing to the sports bar I tried to get into in Copley Sq ( years later became famous as the location of the Boston Marathon bombing) I showed up two hours before puck drop and the fire Marshall had already shut down letting anyone else in. I went back to my hotel room and watched the game there. With 10 minutes left I went and joined the crowd standing outside the bar. When the game finished we spilled out into the streets and the partying began. What a night. It was a great few days....

The Canes have an equal enthusiastic fan base and it's a totally different but as fun. I was in the PNC arena for Game 7 when the Canes won the cup. That night we started a new NHL tradition that is for the fans to stand for the entire game..... we never sat down that game .....puck was in play we were up screaming. That had never been done before and since then it is what has become expected of fan basis during a game 7.
Still the loudest building I have ever been in hands down. Was 4 rows off the ice and could not hear the air horn