Update Thursday 5/20 Trapper John aka 41Magnum has passed away

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
@QuietButDeadly i figured I’d tag you since I got your message this morning. This is the text I received from Johns son in law first thing this morning:

“John is still holding on. He’s still on the ventilator. His co2 levels are pretty elevated and the dr doesn’t like that, but John is still fighting. Autumn is still out there with him at the moment. Joy is trying to get out there to trade places with Autumn, but Joy is medically unable to fly. A train wouldn’t leave until another week or 2 and then it would take her another 4 days to get there on train. So now she is currently looking for someone that would be willing to drive her out there in a rental vehicle (said she would cover food, hotel, and pay for the persons flight back), but no luck so far. Please continue to pray for John, and pray that Joy can find a way out there.”

I told the family I’d do anything in my power to help them. I wish I could drive her out there but it’s been absolute chaos over here between our work schedules and trying to finish moving to the new house. All this bs with the gas shortage didn’t help. Anyway, enough of the woe is me BS. I got permission from his family to post on here because I figure it will reach a lot more people than me talking to the half dozen people I talk to regularly beyond the forum. If anyone can help or has any suggestions, let me know. I’ll gladly contribute some funds to help facilitate getting this in motion. Thanks guys

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
hope he comes out of it soon and well.

where does she need a ride to and from?
No bus going that way?

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
He’s stuck in ICU out in Idaho. She’s here in NC in siler city . I imagine she doesn’t wanna be on a nasty azz greyhound . Plus those things are logistical nightmares. Good way to tour the ghettos of America

Reactions: rni

finbar

Spike
Thank you for the update. With prolonged ventilation, it's going to be a while before he can come home. Would you consider asking Mrs Shuke if could post on Trapperman. A lot of guys out West on there, might be able to help out.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thank you for the update. With prolonged ventilation, it's going to be a while before he can come home. Would you consider asking Mrs Shuke if could post on Trapperman. A lot of guys out West on there, might be able to help out.
I already posted this update on the Trapperman Thread

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
That was a great idea. Harold did that earlier this morning . Great minds think alike. I’ll keep you in the loop

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Prayers inbound for 41Magnum.
How soon is she looking to go?
Have they found a driver yet?

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
T Rock and I were just working out details as he was gracious enough to offer a ride if needed. I contacted Johns wife to try to work out the details and she said she had found a ride this morning from Brent, a guy that helped John build his website etc. Glad it’s being taken care of. As of yesterday , John is still on the ventilator and the doctor said there’s a lot of scarring on the lungs so they still aren’t sure which way things will go. Thanks everyone and keep praying

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A fella trapper is helping his wife get back to Boise. Good on ya Brent and safe travels.

Just hope the news about John's condition gets better soon!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
And kudos to T-Rock for stepping up and offering. I had mentioned it to the wife but she didn't feel like her back could make the trip and she didn't trust me in that situation. LOL. Wonderful news about Brent's help.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Anybody have any way that we can donate money for this trip? Gas isn't cheap and they will have a couple nights in a motel overnight plus food

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Anybody have any way that we can donate money for this trip? Gas isn't cheap and they will have a couple nights in a motel overnight plus food
I was thinking the same thing. I’m not super tech savvy and ive never set up a go fund me , but it would be nice to do something. Also in addition to @T-Rock , I meant to say thanks to @JONOV as well. He had sent me a pm saying he could call some colleagues and try to figure out stuff regarding Joys restrictions with flying. So thanks to him as well. Just glad she gets to be with John. Let’s all keep praying

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Keep us posted on how it all turns out. Continued prayers.....

And if someone sets up a GoFundMe, post up the link. My bet there will be a lot of contributors.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Keep us posted on how it all turns out. Continued prayers.....

And if someone sets up a GoFundMe, post up the link. My bet there will be a lot of contributors.
Yeah I need to find someone with some experience setting one up....or if anyone has had negative experiences with using that platform .

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
From Johns son in law:

“Hey Chris. Things with John are not looking good at all. His oxygen levels are critically low today even with him on the ventilator. But I’m still praying and having hope. Just wanted to update you since I forgot to yesterday.”