Sawtooths gone crazy

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
I truly hope that last cold spell did not hurt them. Yours look a little ahead of mine . But i have not look at mine really close this week.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I truly hope that last cold spell did not hurt them. Yours look a little ahead of mine . But i have not look at mine really close this week.

Na, they didn’t start the blooming till 3 days ago. It’s really odd here. I have 14 planted 25’ apart going down my driveway. Those are the ones I posted the pics of. I also have 9 planted 30’ apart on the back side of my pasture. Ever since I planted them in 17’, those 9 in my pasture are about 2 weeks behind the ones on my driveway but they’re actually more full and thicker. Go figure.......

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Welcome to my world.
The trees that Dad and I planted in '72 are over 12" DBH and make a carpet of acorns yearly.
You have just started this path. Cool.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Welcome to my world.
The trees that Dad and I planted in '72 are over 12" DBH and make a carpet of acorns yearly.
You have just started this path. Cool.

oh I been living In That world for the last ten years. The land I hunt, the landowner planted over 2000 in the mid 90’s. You could fill up several dump trucks every year with acorns. On years with heavy white oak mast, they don’t hit’em till the whiteoaks are gone but they still all get eat.