Good stuff!

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
So I got all my quail sorted out yesterday with 3 hens to 1 one rooster. There were 7 roosters that didn’t make the cut but dam if they didn’t shine on the plate!!! My family loves quail. They’re better than chicken, easier to process and easy to cook. There’s not really a wrong way to cook’em. Even with plucking these, I’ve got about 3 minutes per bird in’em. B93B752B-E3FD-4097-B976-04A1FEDDE384.jpeg5569F1FD-5106-456B-A848-1273F92E9FFA.jpeg

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
only bird I have plucked and cleaned were pheasant many moons ago.
Be cool to see how you do it so quick. Might have to add a new pen.
They look delicious!

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So I got all my quail sorted out yesterday with 3 hens to 1 one rooster. There were 7 roosters that didn’t make the cut but dam if they didn’t shine on the plate!!! My family loves quail. They’re better than chicken, easier to process and easy to cook. There’s not really a wrong way to cook’em. Even with plucking these, I’ve got about 3 minutes per bird in’em. View attachment 64188View attachment 64189
We need to work out some sort of deal.... I need some quail for the freezer!!!

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
Coturnix? I raised bob whites one time( yes I had a permit) think they are fast in the air? They run about 63mph in a cage. Had to get a small crab net to get them.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Coturnix? I raised bob whites one time( yes I had a permit) think they are fast in the air? They run about 63mph in a cage. Had to get a small crab net to get them.

yessir. These are coturnix.Other than a pet rock, they are about the easiest critter in the world to raise.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So I got all my quail sorted out yesterday with 3 hens to 1 one rooster. There were 7 roosters that didn’t make the cut but dam if they didn’t shine on the plate!!! My family loves quail. They’re better than chicken, easier to process and easy to cook. There’s not really a wrong way to cook’em. Even with plucking these, I’ve got about 3 minutes per bird in’em. View attachment 64188View attachment 64189

Damn dude....I saw this first thing in the morning.....now Im going to be hungry all day. Looks great!