New small water boat!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Just got a text from the boat dealer, said the new boat is in!

Wanted something for smaller waters but something that was not one of the typical light weight 36 to 40" floor.

This one is a Seaark 1648 MVJ
I had them add the pods on the back, rear deck cover, full width seat track front and back, 20" transom and the HD tread plate flat floor.

Hope to make the drive next week and pick it up.
IMG952143.jpgIMG952142.jpgIMG952141.jpgIMG952140.jpg

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Hell yea. Sweet.
Before you put an out board on it,check out the bigger mudskippers. Good looking boat.
For now, I plan to use a trolling motor and fish some areas that have no Gas rules. Also will be using it at the lake house at Gaston just to fish the coves and shallow areas.
Dont have a place to leave my big boat at the dock but this one I can drag up in the yard or anchor.

I really like some of the mud motors and thinking about playing with a few.
But again I like the size weight and how quiet the mercury 20hp is.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve been eyeballing just that model for a ‘new’ inshore skiff. They must be great because you can’t find a used one.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Dont laugh.....whats the reason for the pods off the back?
I will take that for a real question.
#1 it is easier for a fat guy to get back in the boat if he falls out.
#2 it is a step for the dog. She can get her feet on it, place hand behind head and she darts in the boat.
#3 floatation. It will hold more.weight at the back and also hold more weight on the sides.
#4 if you fish shallow and want to have one foot on and one foot off the boat pushing it is easy.
#5 getting in and out of the boat.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Really the pods make a big difference.
Any aluminum boat I own will have them from now on.
There is more to it but you would need to be on and drive one with them.

BTW
The wife said I need to call this one Baby Boat.....
Being my big one is this one!

20180427_123221.jpg20200124_103738.jpg20180427_123235.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
for sure nice boat, where did you get it at?
Mack, this one come from The Great Outdoors.
Long story short they have been about sold out of at the time 2020 and 2021 and also hearing many of the 2022s are pre sold.
I tried every dealer I could get on the phone. Almost everyone said no chance. This was a pre order from last summer and was on order when I made the deal in November if I recall. They order based on size to fit a load for shipping.
It was a base green. I was able to spec and change what I wanted. They told me based on order date last summer it would be here end of March to first week April.
I pick it up next week. They knew I wanted it, knew I would pay. They gave me a great deal.
I had two other quotes at 2 to 3k more.
The dealer at the beach I used last time could not get me one. It would be spring 2022.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Mack, this one come from The Great Outdoors.
Long story short they have been about sold out of at the time 2020 and 2021 and also hearing many of the 2022s are pre sold.
I tried every dealer I could get on the phone. Almost everyone said no chance. This was a pre order from last summer and was on order when I made the deal in November if I recall. They order based on size to fit a load for shipping.
It was a base green. I was able to spec and change what I wanted. They told me based on order date last summer it would be here end of March to first week April.
I pick it up next week. They knew I wanted it, knew I would pay. They gave me a great deal.
I had two other quotes at 2 to 3k more.
The dealer at the beach I used last time could not get me one. It would be spring 2022.
where are they at?/ I googled it and it did not come up with anything.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Guys, just made it back from picking up the boat.
Got to say they are great people to deal with all family and down to earth people. Really happy that you would drive that far and very thankful for your business.

Would I drive that far again? Yep, even if they move 10 to 12 hrs away.
Just really good people. Best deal I found for the boat and ordered everything I wanted on it. I had several dealers said I could not get the back cover and others said no tread plate floor. He said let me get all your special order stuff and I will call them.
It is 100% what I ordered. And the trailer, I googled it for spec and build data to see about it. In the process I found everyone was selling the same trailer for $500 more than them.
And that was me asking him to find a trailer that would be a little heavier than the norm so I can haul gear for camping and hunting if needed in the boat.
And there was no sales talk, no beat down or fight.
He knew I wanted it and knew I called several dealers.
First call was for info and my needs second call was the sale over the phone.
I feel it was a great deal and even better when you enjoy dealing with them.

They also had more Seaarks than all the other dealers I checked.
A bunch of tackle, rods, reels and anything you need for boats.
Service Zuk, Merc, and Yam!
Looked like a service center for MK alos. They had a few boats they were rigging and the work they do looked great.

The Great Outdoors
TeamGreatOutdoors.com

BTW this made the trip when I seen these. Plus I got a nice hat from them.

20210417_204508.jpg20210417_204440.jpg

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I spent some time in Cherryville last summer and just never could get by there. I always wanted to check them out.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Let me say this. When we left the wife said what is close to this area? We need to come back when we can spend several hours. We can make a weekend of it.
Shelby or Gastonia are close, good restaurants in both, and then there's Tony's Icecream in Gastonia. Alston Bridges in Shelby cranks out some good BBQ as does Fletcher's in Gastonia/Cramerton.

The Foothills Public Shooting Complex is just a few miles down the road between Cherryville and Shelby, a great place to go burn some powder.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
It cost me 5 k for the boat.
Was quoted anyplace up to 9200 from other dealers.

Starting to get it rigged with cleats and seats, working on rod holders and batteries now.
One glitch, the rear cover will not fit the batteries I want. SeaArk is making a custom cover that is taller and shipping it to me direct. So I may just remove the cover for now and get on with it.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Hey @Mr.Gadget . Sorry I didn't see this post in time. You were right in my backyard. We could've had lunch and BS'ed about guns and hunting.
The post above about surrounding area is accurate.
The Cherryville range is friendly to NFA items, too.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Hey @Mr.Gadget . Sorry I didn't see this post in time. You were right in my backyard. We could've had lunch and BS'ed about guns and hunting.
The post above about surrounding area is accurate.
The Cherryville range is friendly to NFA items, too.
Thanks, maybe next time I head that way we can chew the fat and sling some lead!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
What's that rig cost? That's exactly what I want for the kids.
If you want to call me son you can!
Then I can let you pay for this one.......

If you want to check it out let me know. We can meet at the lake and fish.
After a lot of looking this is one of the better boats I could find.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you want to call me son you can!
Then I can let you pay for this one.......

If you want to check it out let me know. We can meet at the lake and fish.
After a lot of looking this is one of the better boats I could find.
May take you up on that offer once turkey season goes out. I ain't seen your ugly mug since we ate at chargrill and talked smokeless muzzleloaders. Appreciate the info...